Quick clip of me singing! Please listen and give feedback!

What are you using to monitor your singing? There's no background music so it's hard to tell whether you're in tune without some kind of audible reference.

Just as a prerequisite understand this is all constructive criticism. Okay here goes.

The thing is the pitching is quite bad and I think this can in part be attributed to the fact you were wearing headphones while singing, a big no no. This can give you the illusion that you are singing in key, when in fact you're not. If you must do this at least move the headphones away from one ear so you can hear the music and you're voice better. Another potential problem is you're breathing. It sounds like you're trying to fill your lungs to capacity for no reason. In the mid range of your voice which is what you're using you probably don't need so much air, it can be uncomfortable and shake your voice as you want to release the excess air as quickly as possible.

With all that in mind the actual tone of your voice is fantastic and with some guidance you could be an excellent singer, that's no lie. I don't know about you're history in singing but I would suggest finding a tutor or if that's not an option use an aid to play scales and pitch too such as piano, guitar or online tools. I really hope this helps you.

Isn't wearing headphones with a PROPER MIX a necessity? ?

Just as a prerequisite understand this is all constructive criticism. Okay here goes.

The thing is the pitching is quite bad and I think this can in part be attributed to the fact you were wearing headphones while singing, a big no no. This can give you the illusion that you are singing in key, when in fact you're not. If you must do this at least move the headphones away from one ear so you can hear the music and you're voice better. Another potential problem is you're breathing. It sounds like you're trying to fill your lungs to capacity for no reason. In the mid range of your voice which is what you're using you probably don't need so much air, it can be uncomfortable and shake your voice as you want to release the excess air as quickly as possible.

With all that in mind the actual tone of your voice is fantastic and with some guidance you could be an excellent singer, that's no lie. I don't know about you're history in singing but I would suggest finding a tutor or if that's not an option use an aid to play scales and pitch too such as piano, guitar or online tools. I really hope this helps you.
Isn't wearing headphones with a proper mix essential for vocals?

Hi thanks for the response and feedback!

Breathing is something I've never really understood when singing, have you got any tips? Thanks for your honesty!

Hi thanks for the response and feedback!

Breathing is something I've never really understood when singing, have you got any tips? Thanks for your honesty!

My pleasure. You might have heard advice from people saying breath using your diaphragm, this is the most natural way to breath and even new born babies breath this way. I know it can be quite difficult to understand techniques and concepts in singing so in the simplest way I can put this; it is to breath in a way so that your stomach rises with your chest. It is important to note that this should be comfortable and a common misconception is that you need to take in as much air as your lungs will allow, this isn't necessary and in most cases will make singing more difficult than it should be. Make sure your relaxed but not overly so, just comfortable. Try to remember that Higher pitch = breath less air and lower pitch = breath more air. If you try to sing one of your high notes after taking a deep breath you will struggle the same applies for deeper notes. Again I hope this helps :) .

Last edited:
Back