PC Recording Vs Roland VS880

It depends a lot on your type of music, your budget and how compfortable you are from a technical standpoint. If you want to focus on your songwriting and have no experience with computers you may want to start with the Roland. If you are already very good with computers you will have more flexability with a PC, good soundcard and good software (Pro-Tools, Cakewalk, Vegas, etc). I started recording my songs on a Tascam 4 track years ago and moved to a PC based system. Since I had many songs written, I was able to take the time to learn the PC stuff. Either way you go there's a considerable learning curve (probably less with the Roland) and cost with either of the two options. If you want to spend most of your time writing music, simpler and cheaper is better to start out with. You can always move up later.

Thanks you Stillawake for your response. I just tryng to find out the best way to star. Now I have it more clear.

regards,

Hello hjudex
I use a Roland VS 1880 and a computer I use the computer for all my midi tracks and also for treating tracks with various plug ins and wave editors, then I fly them back into the VS 1880 for mastering. I then send the mastered track back into my computer and burn it to a cd, but I guess it depends on what you have at the moment, either way its always down to your personal preference, if you have a computer, a good sound card and the software then that would be the best way to progress, if however you have a hard disk recorder then that is what you should use.
Good luck

I'd go with the computer. I have three friends that sold their Rolands because they didn't like the interface. I went from a cassette 4-tracker to Cool Edit Pro with very little learning curve.
Bubba

Back