One at a time or all out

ax2x3m

i was just wondering what works best for you, its just that when i write songs i try to make as many ideas as possible then try to find things that fits... but most of the time i dont get the output i want

now i tried one song at a time but my pace became REALLY slow, like 1 song a week coz i cant find the right riff or melody

anyone care to share their insights?

im ususally writting like 3 songs at a time.
im trying to finish what i start as of now though.

I personally find it's best to get 100% of one thing done, not 65% of 3 different things. While I may have 5-10 songs in the works at any given time, when I'm in a serious writting mode, I try to get SOMETHING finished during a session. I can always go back and change it later, but getting something to a finished state is my only way of critiqueing it. Untill it's finished, it's just ideas I need to sort out and form into something.

i have tons of songs in various states of incompletion, but more often than not, when i write a song, it's pretty much all at once. once in awhile i end up adding a transition or modifying a couple of parts, but certainly a majority of the ones i write come together at once. generally i only have one or two songs actively on my mind at a given time through their completion.

Back