New song- Scream

Sunny

Hi everyone. This is a song that is part of a musical I am trying to write. Orchestra was done as my first GPO project. I broke out in a cold sweat trying to arrange this. The genre is completely new to me. Mixing was most challenging as evrything was new to me. Would appreciate any thought, comments and help in improving the mix. My ears have shut down and I cannot put any more into this alone. Really appreciated! Link is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=405294

I really like the song. I think your voice is really good, original, on key and pleasing to the ear.

I like your arrangement and you are onto something (if this is a musical you are doing or not). Keep it up. The world needs more melodic writers like you.

Now as for the actual rendition of the song: It works as a demo to get your ideas out, but I would re-record it again to get it right on the money. There are many moments when the instruments are not really playing together in the pocket. It sounds like a little digital orchestra with no conductor. If you could get some real string players that would be nice. I always hire a local quartet and track them when I need strings. But keep that feel together and tight at all times when doing classical music.

Really impressive though. At first, when I started listening, I thought the melody was going too many places for me to grasp, but at the end- the song was still going through my head.

Peace Love and Sunny Side Up
Phreak

Back