I wrote a love song, haha...

lol! Naw, just another dog. I'm sure that either I presented an issue, or a hardware fault. Either way, Vet's are cheaper than people doctors. Not really sure why.

By this, I mean a mom and pop computer store. Not the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

Wonder if I can get zanax from the vet? Hmmm.......

lol! Naw, just another dog. I'm sure that either I presented an issue, or a hardware fault. Either way, Vet's are cheaper than people doctors. Not really sure why.

By this, I mean a mom and pop computer store. Not the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

Wonder if I can get zanax from the vet? Hmmm.......

I know that when I got my cat from the pound, I had to drive 35 miles to get him home and the vet gave him a sedative so that he wouldn't scream and fuss the whole way. Maybe one of those little pills?

What was wrong with your puter?

Hey, this is pretty good. I really enjoyed it. Great vocals. Wasn't crazy about the piano patch/synth/vsti or whatever you used. But the vocals are really nice. good harmonies. Caught some of the lyrics, but you know, not too much of a lyrics guy.

You put this in the Singing and Vocals section and not the MP3 clinic. Are you looking for critiques just on your singing??

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, this is pretty good. I really enjoyed it. Great vocals. Wasn't crazy about the piano patch/synth/vsti or whatever you used. But the vocals are really nice. good harmonies. Caught some of the lyrics, but you know, not too much of a lyrics guy.

You put this in the Singing and Vocals section and not the MP3 clinic. Are you looking for critiques just on your singing??

Thanks for sharing.

The vocal critique is why it's here, yep. But I don't mind hearing about other aspects of it too.

Would be kind of silly to post in in the MP3 clinic, I think. It's not really a mix. Just a passing composition with very little instrumentation and rough vocals.

I think I posted it in the Songwriting forum too, so I could get some feedback on lyric, composition, melody, style, etc.

I know that when I got my cat from the pound, I had to drive 35 miles to get him home and the vet gave him a sedative so that he wouldn't scream and fuss the whole way. Maybe one of those little pills?

What was wrong with your puter?

Probably not the same. You would know.

PC started spiking my ASIO meter on small projects. Tried everything to fix, but ended up taking it to stronger geeks than I, to figure it out. Seems like a video hardware issue maybe. IDK. No software was causing the issue, so I even bought a new interface. It didn't help...

Performance running at 10% on all cores, yet getting spikes in DAW.

Took the dog to the vet.....

Probably not the same. You would know.

PC started spiking my ASIO meter on small projects. Tried everything to fix, but ended up taking it to stronger geeks than I, to figure it out. Seems like a video hardware issue maybe. IDK. No software was causing the issue, so I even bought a new interface. It didn't help...

Performance running at 10% on all cores, yet getting spikes in DAW.

Took the dog to the vet.....

If I were to wager, I'd bet you have integrated graphics on your motherboard instead of a dedicated graphics card with its own resources...integrated graphics probably leeching your CPU's resources.

If that's the problem...pick up and install a dedicated graphics card and disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS. I think that should probably solve it.

Naw, I have a dedicated video card that runs multiple monitors. Cant remember what it is, but it has it's own 1Gig of ram. It is like a second computer really. It don't mean it didn't go to sh*t on me tho. That is why I decided to pay geekier guyz than me to figure out WTF is wrong. I just need it to work.

Naw, I have a dedicated video card that runs multiple monitors. Cant remember what it is, but it has it's own 1Gig of ram. It is like a second computer really. It don't mean it didn't go to sh*t on me tho. That is why I decided to pay geekier guyz than me to figure out WTF is wrong. I just need it to work.

Well, hell. :( I hope you get your little beast home again soon all healed up.

Very good song; my only critique is I kept wishing for more vibrato in the chorus like how you had in the ending chorus because your vibrato is pretty and adds something extra than to just sing it straight. But you're the artist and you've lived with the song more than I have and it's up to you to make that judgment call. : ) Keep up the great work! I would definitely listen to whatever else you write.

Very good song; my only critique is I kept wishing for more vibrato in the chorus like how you had in the ending chorus because your vibrato is pretty and adds something extra than to just sing it straight. But you're the artist and you've lived with the song more than I have and it's up to you to make that judgment call. : ) Keep up the great work! I would definitely listen to whatever else you write.

Thanks :) I appreciate the feedback. And I know exactly what you're saying. When I listen back to it I feel the same way about the vibrato on the last chorus and think, "Now why didn't I do that on the ones before??" I think I was focusing on getting the lyrics right for most of the song (I have a tendency to forget my own lyrics) and then felt like I was in the home free zone by the end so I let go the reins a little.

When I get around to developing the song and adding more instrumentation, I may take your advice and go back and re-track the other choruses.

No shame. I grow attached to my technology too. It's even worse when you build 'em yourself.

I actually had to delete what I said, because it was offensive to my real baby. The one that has a real chance of trumping technology.

I went all deep n sh*t. Long story...

Cant wait to hear you sing again. I have liked everything you have posted. Even that 'one'...lol..

:)

I actually had to delete what I said, because it was offensive to my real baby. The one that has a real chance of trumping technology.

ROFL...If it ever comes down to a choice, the real live little beasts always win, don't they?

Back