i cant write songs in the same genre

e unum pluribus

does anyone else have this problem? i write songs randomly like in no inparticular genre whatsoever...

any one know a cure for this>?

Join the crowd man...I do a mishmash of stuff. I also wouldn't trade the quirky ideas I have for anything. Since I only do this for fun, it's a blast to hear a cool Death Metal song, and do something like that, then a straight up 3 chord rocker. Then a nasty, punky cover. I would personally not try and stick into one genre of music. I've done a sort of rap/Hip Hop tune, just because I have some samples to play with, and I had lyrics doing nothing.
Just have fun with whatever strikes you.

I write different stuff all the time. Sticking with one genre is like sticking with one flavor of ice cream.

I guess a cure might be a lobotomy. Dunno, tho....

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I had to react.

I've got the same thing, I particularly tend to switch between Blues, Ska and Acoustic (like easy listening, or whatever it's called in the states).

You should try to take one of your songs and record it again in a different genre. You'll be surprised how versatile a good tune can be. It might give you some new ideas about breaks or bridges as well.

Eyyy.

Yeah same here.

Inspiration comes in bursts.

You can supress the stuff you think may not 'fit' your genre, or you can actually make music. LOL.

Back