hello, I would like tips on how i can improve.

lf00201

I have no desire to be famous I only want to sound better. This was recorded on my phone sorry in advance. soundcloud.com/lf00201
Thank you.

Hi there.

You have a lovely voice, but there's no real power behind it. You're tone is a little wobbly to start with, but when you start to push it, it really falls apart.
If you are serious about trying to improve, practice with focus on doing it right. There's no magic words someone here can give to you that will instantly make your singing stronger. If you are really serious, consider going for some vocal lessons. You have to remember that your voice is an instrument, and like any instrument, you need to learn to play it.

Thanks, i live in a small town do you think voice lessons online are any good? do you have any recommendations?

Well there's certainly no shortage of links if you google "online vocal lessons".
I have personally used the products from Home | Vocal Coach.
Their programs are well structured, and I had good success with their breathing and diction exercises.

I can give you one exercise that helped me when I was younger. My vocal coach said to practice anytime you walk. Inhale for one step and exhale smoothly and evenly for seven. Builds control and diaphragm and breathing and breath timing...As long as you can walk, you can do it. It's free and it's healthy! Good luck!

I can give you one exercise that helped me when I was younger. My vocal coach said to practice anytime you walk. Inhale for one step and exhale smoothly and evenly for seven. Builds control and diaphragm and breathing and breath timing...As long as you can walk, you can do it. It's free and it's healthy! Good luck!

Awesome tip! Can you post it in the thread about tips for improving your voice. Thanks!

Also I would add. Inhale with your stomach.

Back