Thread: Time to face the music

Thanks

Time to face the music

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi everybody,
    I love singing, but am still a bit uncertain sometimes, if people in real life are telling me what I want to hear. So I am interested in hard truthful feedback, tell me do I belong in a karaoke bar or could take the stage.

Time to face the music!
    thanks in advance.

Thanks
    What you submitted shows a lot of pitch related issues, tempo is all over the place and you show lack of control in breathing etc. If you enjoy singing, sing to the world. If you want the stage, you would need a ton of practice, the will to learn and the skills to apply what you learn. Try a vocal coach or start with a choir etc., but if you are serious, do something about it and prove to yourself you can do what you set your mind to do. I have seen your comments and you know what sounds good and what doesnt so you dont really need anyone to critique your work Good luck!

Thanks
    Sorry, but as it stands now, karoke bar. For one you seem to be trying really hard to "sound black," which is tragically common.....stop going for that silly Michael Jackson-y warble in your voice...and generally it just sounds like you're trying too hard/"hamming it up" too much. The plus side is I think your voice has potential if you can put all that aside and sing more naturally/straightforward......and as waterbound said, work on your tempo, pitch etc etc. Some lessons would go a long way if you can find a good teacher. (PS I'll be the first you tell you I could use quite a few lessons myself lol) g/l

Thanks
    Your tone is fine. You need a backing band/music to cover up the flaws (pitch, lack of control, etc). Bad idea singing acapella. But kudos for laying it out there. Since your tone is fine, focus on the weaknesses and practice them.

Thanks
    Karaoke bar... right now. You can practice, get the tones under control. Your basic voice has a nice timbre to it, but you don't have control of it.

Thread Information