Tracking room treatment

metaljoseph

Dedicated Member
I have a 11' by 10' by 9ft high tracking room. The walls are all double pieces of dry wall with basic non ridgid fiberglass insulation(Home Depot) and alot of burlap. I just bought two cases of 703(12 two by four foot pieces). My tracking room isn't huge, so should I make thinner plywood panels to put the 703 in, or should I just wrap the 703 in burlap and put them up on the walls? What would you guys do? I will be tracking everything from drums to vocals to guitars. Thanx guys.

metaljoseph said:
I have a 11' by 10' by 9ft high tracking room. The walls are all double pieces of dry wall with basic non ridgid fiberglass insulation(Home Depot) and alot of burlap. I just bought two cases of 703(12 two by four foot pieces). My tracking room isn't huge, so should I make thinner plywood panels to put the 703 in, or should I just wrap the 703 in burlap and put them up on the walls? What would you guys do? I will be tracking everything from drums to vocals to guitars. Thanx guys.

Wrapping the OC703 in burlap without any frame work will give you more surface area for absorption/trapping but I have found that a frame work gives you a more neater appearance. You can cut holes in your framework with a hole saw to allow wave penetration of the frame.
Wrap the whole frame and OC703 with the burlap, it also gives you the ability to staple the burlap to the back of the frame.
You will have people who use frames and those who don't. I have and will use a framework for my panels.

Back