Pattern Placement???

millzboy

Hi there.....

I am putting up new acoustic foam. They are 2inch 12x12, and I am wondering if I should put them side by side or spread them out in a certain pattern?? I'm trying to cut out mid-high frequencies because it is just a tracking room for drums. No live band or anything, just need to keep the frequencies in the room.....

Suggestions?

Thanks!

My thought would be to spread them out to treat the room uniformly, unless you are going for the 'live side, dry side' treatment. Experimenting with the amount and placement of the foam to get the right amount of absorption would be my approach.

Can you take the foam back?
Seriously, if you can return the foam and build yourself some 703 or roxsul panels you'll be way ahead in the game.
Barring that, find a way to temporarily attach them and see what works best - acoustic treatment is not intuitive, and you may have to experiment to figure out what works best.
C>

Can you take the foam back?
Seriously, if you can return the foam and build yourself some 703 or roxsul panels you'll be way ahead in the game.
Barring that, find a way to temporarily attach them and see what works best - acoustic treatment is not intuitive, and you may have to experiment to figure out what works best.
C>

Listen to this guy. Foam isn't a great way to treat a room, at least not exclusively. If all you're going for is a reduction in echo, then putting the foam up in a checkerboard sort of patter so that no untreated surface faces another will work just fine.

Frank

Back