my new console furniture design

pk1

well i promised i would put up a picture of the work as it stands after the prototype was made.

after a few little adjustments and programming the load charicteristics and stress amounts into solidworks and then re working the materials and needing a few other adjustments a final design has been reached and apart from a few things i wasnt prepared to show just yet in the render here is a pre final render of the new console furniture im having cut at a cnc factory next week.

system1.jpg

i have gone for the long swept look as it took my fancy to do something like this a while ago, i was also told it wasnt possible to build a console furniture of this type because of the loads involved.

now on the full scale prototype we loaded it with weight equivalent to 2 large consoles and it took the load with only a slight deformation at stress points, so by changing the thickness of material and using much stronger and better fixtures i was able to build something that has no deformations or high point loading now. ground meet edges have protection and the shelving has a special hinge point, the rear has a producers desk which can fold down into the rear when not in use. there is also some aluminium sections veneered into place and some for purely decorative as well as strengthening purposes. even so the weight is still kept down and the unit will be asthetically pleasing.

more to follow as i recieve the panels and begin the first build.

Great design, cant wait to see the finished product, but i gotta ask about the depth as well. What purpose can that shelf that seems to stretch 5 or 6 feet back serve?
James

Assuming you want it made out of wood. Do a basic sketch/ layout of the type of console you want, with sizes and all your requirements for hindged parts, finishes, accessories etc...
Draw it, scan it, photo it onto your PC and email it to general carpenters and joiners, funiture/cabinet makers, guys who got a little warehouse/factory doing their own thing and get quotes,A lot of people are getting the idea of going into mastering I think because it is a last bastion of the professional engineer. Pro studios and recording engineers are being squeezed out by the home computer recording revolution so a lot of recordists are looking at the pastures of the mastering industry as "greener".

Back