Luis's studio update is up

Hey Louis, give us a "play by play" on the pictures.
Tell us what we're looking at, and why you did some of the things you did.

Michael Jones said:
Hey Louis, give us a "play by play" on the pictures.
Tell us what we're looking at, and why you did some of the things you did.

All set, I added some text to the photos explaining what I did.

Luis.

Louis - How high, off the floor, is the bottom of your vocal booth window?

I just framed in mine the other day, and I set the bottom of the window at 4'-6" off the floor.
I'm thinking I'm going to lower it 6" - 12".

I set it up initally so that the middle of the window was at my eye level, but I put my dainty little wife in there (she's 5'-2") and I think it may be too high for your average female vocalist.

Have any thoughts in that reguard?

The bottom of my window is 3' 5". I originally wanted it at 4' but due to ceiling height limitations I lowered a bit. From my mixing position I can see short or tall vocalist no problem. I would have loved to have a bigger window but I didn't want to spend to much $$ dough on glass. Also the ceiling for my control room is goint to be a false ceiling at an angle starting from the top of the window to the middle of the control room...so if I had the window to high I wouldn't have been able to get the angle that I wanted...aprox 12 degrees.

Luis.

For Charoo's studio in India I set them at 1' 6":eek:

I figured sitar and tabla players sit on the floor :D

cheers
john

John Sayers said:
For Charoo's studio in India I set them at 1' 6":eek:

I figured sitar and tabla players sit on the floor :D

cheers
john
OK, so anywhere between 18" and 4 feet ought to cover it?

I think if I drop it a foot, and set the bottom at 3'-6", that ought to cover most situations. The sitar and tabla players will just have to stand! lol.

longsoughtfor said:
Looks great Luis! Congrats on getting going.

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin,

I can't wait to put down my drill/hammer and start doing some mixing....I am planning to get it all done in another 2 months....will see how it goes.

How is your place looking?

Luis.

Luis - I'm glad to see your progress and glad to hear your getting close to completion.

Things at lsf are going good. I'm done enough to keep myself from finishing :)

We have been recording down there so much that I have been putting off a lot of the cosmetic finish details. All the rooms sound great - my thanks to everyone here who has contributed in one way or another.

Cheers
Kevin.

Back