How does everything come together? (Need some help in Philadelphia :)

Keyboardji

Hello all,

I'm going to start building my studio and need a bit of help. I've purchased a number of books/looked at a number of websites but have some questions...

My ISO booth will be built from a corner in my basement that has two existing concrete walls that make a corner, the two other sides need to be built using studs. Considering that I will be doing the whole resilient channel/sheetrock ceiling how do I go about...

1. Attaching the studs to the concrete walls (I thought that i'm not supposed to nail them into the floor joists above... should I use masonry nails instead?)
2. Building the standalone walls - again am i not supposed to nail them into the floor joists?
3. For the floor I am just going to lay down some thick padding, place some plywood, and put some "fake wood" floor down (I think it's vinly). Should i just close up the seams with some sealent or do the ends of the floor need to be attached to the walls more securely.

Basically I just need to know how everything is going to get fastened together and stay up. From what I read it just seems that somehow you put everything up and it stays up by itself (which for some reason I don't think will work).

Also if there is anyone located near philly who is interested in coming over as a "consultant" to show me how to do everything please feel free to respond on here (we can work out a rate in private).

Thanks and Happy Holidays:)

I wouldn't attach to the concrete wall by building another stud wall just off it. ie.e you build a totally isolated room that doean't attch to the concrete walls OR the ceiling.

I'm not in Phili but you can call me on 61 2 66 795380. I'm about 6 hours behind you in time.

cheers
john

Yo, I'm planning a similar project - I live in Fairmount (26th/parrish)... where in Philly are ya? I don't know how much help I would be, but gimme a shout - exch**NOSPAM**elente@hotmail.com (remove the **NOSPAM**)

Back