Hanging carpet, blankets?

if you are trying to sound proof the room then dont bother with
carpet.it will only absorb higher freqs.
give us some more info about hte space and what you want from it.
later
sheppard

Well I can't go about moving stuff around just so you know, I'm only 15 and the space is unfortunately also used by my younger brother. My drums are in a corner in the room and I want to try to deaden some sound that would bounce off the corners of the wall. I threw a heavy blanket over my bass drum today and I got better results than I usually get, so wanna try it with the rest, but I have no idea how I should go about hanging up like a blanket behind the drums.

crash - if it's all you've got try hanging the carpet/blackets a few inches (6"?) off the wall, that'll help.

cheers
john

You can get a couple of extended mic stands (or something similar) with a bar across them and hang the carpet from the bar.

Like this (side view):

Kevin.

Attachments

• hanging carpet.jpg
    hanging carpet.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 291
another alternative is to use sleeping bags on mic stands. Sorta like cheap, ultralight gobo's. Most of my sleeping bags are pretty heavy for camping in the mountains in a tent, it how I change my vocal booth from quartet to single artist in 30 seconds.

Peace,
SoMm

Good idea. Unfortunately I have hardly enough mic stands as it is already for my drums because I'm a jobless high school student. I'll get some more eventually and try that out, thanks.

Well, they don't have to be mic stands... a couple of 2x4's with some sort of base attached would work OK too. Like John said, the main thing is to get them off the wall 6" or so.

Kevin.

longsoughtfor said:
Well, they don't have to be mic stands... a couple of 2x4's with some sort of base attached would work OK too. Like John said, the main thing is to get them off the wall 6" or so.

Kevin.

yeah, or just nail the blankets to the ceiling above in order to maintain that 6" distance from the wall.

AL

hey i tried that once.. it sounded really bad

im not sure what i did wrong
the blankes were hooked from the ceiling 7ft from the walls

Back