Hallway for a workstation?

FossAudio

Hey everyone, Im new here, and I came across this forum while trying to research my possibilities.

Basically, I live in a small studio apartment with my fiancee and my "office" space is in the entryway hall :(

I have a small 3ft x 2ft desk, a macbook pro Laptop, a M-Audio 49 keyboard, Sony Closed Back Headphones, M-Audio Fasttrack, M-Audio Essentials, Garageband & Audacity.

I'm saving to get more gear, but I was wondering if you guys have any advice on how to set up the hall for better sound. I have the closet doors behind my desk & am slightly under the kitchen breakfast bar. I will put a pic of my space from when we first moved in, I will see about getting a new one taken to help with showing the space.

I know that things can't be parallel because of the soundwaves, but im not sure exactly what to do :(

I can give more info if need.

545553_366372060114043_1328654047_n.jpg

Well until you have actual monitors, it doesn't really matter about the sound as you're listening through your phones.

I have my set up in a hallway which was set up as a "media area" in my apartment... ie. it's a bench recessed into the wall. It's fine for tracking but I don't actually try to seriously mix there because the monitors are in corners. Suggest you follow the same philosophy. When it's mix time, move everything into the lounge and get it all away from walls and corners...

Alternatively, if you get another dozen or so small black puppies and train them to stay perfectly still at all times, they will help with sound absorption, but possibly your feed bill might impact your ability to buy new gear... :)

Back