Digital Mixer/ADAT recording or Computer Digi 001

fay pay lay

I don't know if I should build my studio using two adats and a digital mixer or the Digi 001, Echo layla etc. I just want to get started putting together this album and start selling CDs. HELP!!!!

I have the Digi 001 and two 20 bit ADATs and the Digi is not crap. I don't see how 24 tracks of pro tools could be considered crap. The ADATs are more intuitive to use than computer based stuff no matter what platform you're using. What you would like about the Digi system is it's transportable to Downtown studios that use pro tools. The 8 out puts on the Digi also allow me to use all my outboard effects so I get the best of both worlds. I have a Gina system running on a PC and I love it too but I'm definatly NOT sorry I bought the Digi.

Hey track please dont mix up the Digi001 with protools cause it isnt. It may have the name but is nothing like real protools, its digidesigns way to make a little coin off of the Homerecording market with the name protools. The digi0 ripoff is great for some people, but of course a soundblaster is great for some people.

Hey Shakes. I thought the idea of this forum was to encourage others in choices they're making to do recording in the home in ANY format. I own a Digi001 and am just getting started and your comments are pretty discouraging (not that I'll let that stop me) ;) I'd rather hear a constructive critism or nothing at all. I'm following the advice of many others and just doing it. I'll worry about quality as I go along, but so far I have been happier with my Digi than my SBLive. :)

Well brahmb if you read his post again you would see that he has not made his choice yet so I am not discouraging him at all.. I am only trying to guide him towards making a good choice and giving my opinion. If I had about 15K to spend I would get protools but the digi001 is not protools, sure you have the software but come on its nowhere near the same. The worst part about protools software are the plugins, they cost a fortune. IMHO go with another soundcard besides Digidesign and then get Logic Audio either Gold or if you have the Cash Plat.(Plat is compatable with protools hardware) Logic is a very powerful program. Layla and Logic are what I would recomend, the two together are a beautiful thing.

[Edited by ShakesTheClown on 08-03-2000 at 07:28]

And one more thing I am sorry my comments to faypay discouraged you man, keep on recording ;-) The Digi001 its not a bad piece of gear, I just think there are better. Good luck

Back