Building a digital set up.

hmmm

Blibbers said:
O.k. this is my idea. xp-80 into the O3d through the ax16at to the Ds2416 Factory to the Cubase 5.0 Running a Pentium 3 with a sony cd burner. What should I change and could I still use my layla for something?

You lost me too. I know what the Pentium 3 with a cd burner is... everything else is Greek to me. Maybe if you explained what that stuff is we could help. :) I havn't gotten to the equipment part of the studio yet, I'm still building it.

Heheh me too.

I saw this last night and didn't respond because I thought you'd all think I was stupid for not knowing what a xp80, 03d or ax16at was. :D
It's good to know that either a) you're all as stupid as me ... or (more likely) b) the question isn't that clear.

I want to guess that the 03D is a yamaha digital board? (01V, 02R, 03D???)
The rest, I have no friggin' clue ... Blibbers, give us some manufacturer names ... or even better some hyperlinks ;)

I did miss the part where you asked about using the layla. You CAN use the layla. Use it to record drums. Run each drum mic through the mixer, but go into the layla from the direct out of each channel. You can still use the EQ and volume on the mixer, but the neetest thing about running each mic seperate is you have a separate track for each drum. Whereas if you just record the mixdown of drums you can't do as many things with it... ie: If you want to turn up the snare in a mixdown, you're out of luck. If you have it on a seperate track you can just turn it up. Also, if a symbol hit is too loud in a mixdown and you want to compress, you're going to compress everything along with it and the drums sound really bad. So, yeah, Use the layla, I use it, I love it.

Later.
-Brian

PS - Sorry Big Kahuna, you really ARE more stupid than me! :) haha.

Thanks everybody

O3D Yamaha, xp-80 Roland, Dsp Factory Yamaha, Layla Event, Brian you were the only one who had a clue. You must like rap music or read a lot of music mags. I'm a mag. junkie. I have a subsc. to every music mag on the planet,and I still don't know what the h--- I'm doing. I know one thing, that everyone doesn't speak in code. Sorry about the old rap song. Here's a new one. I bought the ov1 to the Wavelab frontier. I'm going Adat card to card. Hopefully I can get back to Mars.:):):):)

[Edited by Blibbers on 09-28-2000 at 07:12]

Blibbers, you might wanna try emailing sonusman, seems he steers clear of studios you have to build (as opposed to "drive"). He probably knows all of those lyrics of yours. hehe :D.

Back