703 Pricing

yes...I just paid $69 each plus shipping for 2 boxes of 6. That was the best price I could find.

FWIW...

I pay $70 for 12 sheets of 2"x24"x48" Johns Manville here in Fort Worth. At 72 sq. ft., this is about 73¢ a sq. ft.

If you compare 703 specs against the Johns Manville specs, the JM looks slightly better.

Thats $1.35 a square foot.

Thats an "okay" price, much better than the going prices at a lot of these web sites that sell the stuff. Its a perfectly acceptable price if you were a home do it yourselfer like most of us... because its a one time kind of purchase and your livelihood not depending on a rock bottom deal. But professionals get 703 much cheaper.

Though I rarely have run into anything less than 75 cents per square foot myself, word is from guys who build studios for a living (go over to John L Sayers forum), that 25 cents per square foot is the going price for 2 inch thick 703 if your buying it in decent enough quantities.

For bulk quantities, nobody should ever be paying over 75 cents per square foot because even thats too much. 25 - 50 cents a square foot is "extremely reasonable" for large quantities.

If your not buying in bulk quantity... then just suck the cost up and pay the $1.35 - $2.50 a square foot which is typical on a lot of these web sites that sell 703 panels to studio hobbyists.

The "big guys" are not getting their stuff from web sites like these. They are going either directly to manufacturer or to their local wholesale insulation suppliers.

I'd look at the dates on some of those threads. My personal supplier for 703 buys direct from OC, only carries OC, has 3 warehouses in the midwest, and buys probably 400 semi-trailers a year. He's paying more than $0.50/sq ft. for 2" 703. $0.25? If you know anybody getting it for that even for a full semi-trailer - let me know.

Bryan

bpape said:
I'd look at the dates on some of those threads. My personal supplier for 703 buys direct from OC, only carries OC, has 3 warehouses in the midwest, and buys probably 400 semi-trailers a year. He's paying more than $0.50/sq ft. for 2" 703. $0.25? If you know anybody getting it for that even for a full semi-trailer - let me know.

Bryan

Well, your right. I was actually going to preface my comment yesterday by mentioning prices going up in the last few years (but I kind of left that out). The gist of my comment though was that people can definately get it for under $1 sq. ft. if a person was so inclined and was going to buy more than a few token pieces, as opposed to buying it from the web sites catering to home hobbyist recording studio builders where they charge you anywhere from $1.25 upwards of $4.00 sq. ft. for 703.

Yeah, I've actually run across a site that was charging $4.00 a foot for 703 (not even 705)... which is just plain taking advantage of people.

Mises said:
Well, your right. I was actually going to preface my comment yesterday by mentioning prices going up in the last few years (but I kind of left that out). The gist of my comment though was that people can definately get it for under $1 sq. ft. if a person was so inclined and was going to buy more than a few token pieces, as opposed to buying it from the web sites catering to home hobbyist recording studio builders where they charge you anywhere from $1.25 upwards of $4.00 sq. ft. for 703.

Yeah, I've actually run across a site that was charging $4.00 a foot for 703 (not even 705)... which is just plain taking advantage of people.

my HVAC supplier's rep sells it to me for .46 a sqft

i know it's an old thread but...

by the by, it's Winnelson, a US HVAC supplier

I just picked up a couple boxes of 2" 703, 12 sheets per box for just over $80 per box from Insulation Sales, in Ferndale MI. 248-398-7200. I worked with John... warned him about the forum... and that he'd probably get a few more calls.

Back