Demo Track

CMK

In my prior job I did a lot of traveling. While on the road I started this by just recording random lyrics on my phone, then put stuff together once I got home. Now unemployed, I find myself with more time to do this!! Your thoughts would begreatly appreciated. Thanks cmk

Attachments

• Why Don't You Spend the Night.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
Firstly, very nice song: strong lead vocal, nice guitar work and clear message. The recording is crisp and quite punchy. There is plenty to like about what you've presented.

However, the harmony vocal seems all over the place. For sure, there's a nice harmony going on there, but because it doesn't sit right on the lead most of the time it's distracting. In fact, it's quite destructive to the lead. I would either spend more time getting it in sync or losing it all together. I know, it's going to be a tough call losing it because it is a very nice harmony.

Finally, I wonder if you can find a bit more interest in the lyric? I'm no expert (trust me), but it does seem to be repeating the same idea over and over again. Is there a way you can build the idea? Admittedly, without the lyric sheet in front of me I can't even be sure what I'm suggesting is valid. It's just a hunch.

Good work, though!

Back