Recorded with my new iPhone 6 Plus...

What else did you use beside the iPhone of course?

Just iPhone's little piano and little strings. Did it while sitting at Starbucks sipping coffee! lol! Just got the phone last week. I was like "garage band...what's garage band...). Now I'm hooked. Had to use an external mic (sang at home, not at Starbucks!) because the iPhone mic was clipping and I couldn't get the vocal to sit in the mix.

Damn that is disgustingly good! recorded at starbucks? I hate you.

Seriously though...all in Garageband?

The whole mix?

On an iphone?

What interface from mic to iPhone?

Dude you are really talented and that helps, but this is very cool if it was truly "Recorded completely on an iPhone"..

Congrats!

The whole mix?

On an iphone?

Dude you are really talented and that helps, but this is very cool if it was truly "Recorded completely on an iPhone"..

Congrats!

TAE you can't hate me for being awesome on the iPhone!! Lol! Did everything on the phone except vocals. I had to sing in my DAW (Cubase) on my mac. I'm going to buy apogee interface soon and I'll do another one but this time will also sing to the phone. I'll post here. Any requests?

The whole mix?

On an iphone?

Congrats!

It certainly helps that his voice has a professional tone. He sounds a lot like the Coldplay frontman.

I still want to know what mic he used. :)

It certainly helps that his voice has a professional tone. He sounds a lot like the Coldplay frontman.

I still want to know what mic he used. :)

Sorry I forgot to reply! The mix used is a XML V76t. It's a knock-off of the Neumann U67. Unfortunatily, my interface sucks (line 6). I am getting an apogee duet soon, and the mic should sound way better, plus the apogee will allow me to sing directly into the iPhone without the clipping issues that the iPhone mic has.

Cheers! BB

Hey Brett...

Ya know the UX8 has the same ad/da filters as the Apogee Ensemble and you get to use the POD farm stuff...you can find em used ( they are no longer made) for $200 ....in regards to the interface I would encourage you to look at iConnectivity...pretty bomb ditty bomb bomb with some new stuff coming down the pipe that is even cooler.

I know the apogee stuff is creamy cool..but the iconnectivity is pretty happening
Below is still vaporware but with NAMM around the corner this is on its way I will be buying one...have the iConnectmidi2+ and love it. It keeps my iPad charged YES! and allows audio to and from my Mac to ipad

header_iCA4plus.png

Excellent job!! I'm looking at upgrading my phone...what storage are you using? If you can, I have a post about it. Really nice...

Back