Yamaha MT8X

YamahaQuestion

What does it mean when I can only use the record function to record tapes fast instead of regular speed? Can I fix it so I record normally again?

its been a very long time. i once used one of these away from home to record song ideas. if i remember it puts 8 tracks on cassette, but at its own speed. NOTE ... you cant play back in a regular cassette deck.
you mix down to a regular cassette deck if you want your mix to playback on a cassette deck. or you could mix down into a computer or a vhs stereo hi fi or a reel to reel tape machine or to one of those small md recorders for example. one thing you could do that might interest you is to mix to a computer then encode mp3 or burn a cd of your songs.
peace.

...and if your deck was recording at normal speed it would sound like Dookey. Remember that it is recording on both sides of the tape at the same time. So on 8 full tracks even if it was at normal speed, if you played it back in a standard cassette deck half of the tracks would be missing because they would be on side "b". and if you flipped that tape over on a standard cassette deck you find your missing tracks.....but they would be backwards. I know I'm re -it -er- atin' here but you need a seperate TWO track recorder be it a CDR or a STEREO tape deck or a Compoooter to mix down to.

Back