Recording from a Yamaha YDP223 digital piano

Dr Trek 1

I am new to recording (if you haven't already been able to tell).

Basically what I would like to do is record from my Yamaha YDP 223 digital piano to an audio CD. I would like to do it from a direct line and not from an amp, then to my computer and then burn it to a CD. What is the easiest way to go about doing this?

Thank you. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, I just did a simple Internet searh to find the info your looking for. Took all of about 30 seconds.

It appears you can cconnect that keyboard via three different methods; serial port, MIDI, or USB. If I had to guess, I'd say that the USB is probably closest to what you need.

But the thing to do is read up for youself. The keyboard's manual can be downloaded from this page. Then page down to page 48 of the manual for further information.

G.

Thank you for your input.

I've decided on the USB interface device UX 16 from Yamaha. It is the simplest way to connect my keyboard to my computer. Here is another question:
Since it is technically MIDI, will my computer be able to record the audio directly from my keyboard or will I need to record it as a MIDI file and then only hear the computer's audio rendition?

Thanks.

Dr Trek 1 said:
Since it is technically MIDI, will my computer be able to record the audio directly from my keyboard or will I need to record it as a MIDI file and then only hear the computer's audio rendition?

Thanks.
If the Yamaha is only sending a MIDI signal through the USB, then your software is only going to record the MIDI data itself and will be dependant upon whatever MIDI synth card you have installed in your computer to play it back as audio.

G.

You can record your direct audio by using your aux outs or converting a headphone signal, into your soundcard or daw-interface.

Depending on your card or interface, you may need cable converters to fit the connections.

Back