Podcast Vocal Recording. please critique

dankreed

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum. I have been dabbling for about three years now in podcasting. i have been enticed into spending 100 dollars on what turned out to be obvious answers. so i thought i would just figure it out on my own.

first the gear i am using
imac - adobe audition
Heil Pr-40 mic
mackie 1642 VLZ3
2x behringer xr 4400
dbx project 1 compressor
Tascam US 1800 interface

i am not sure if its ok to post a link to my site that has examples of what we sound like now is.. but i dont see any other way to point that out
I am guessing it wont be taken as me trying to just post our site.. because its not.. i really want some advice

I have been told that the sound is really good but i want to make it better. we are limited by the fact that two others on the show are in a different part of the country and we have to use a skype mix-minus. so we have some internet "noise" on occasion.

specifically id really like to get your thought on the compressor.. i normally use the gate/limitor (behringer) when i play with the compressor i just am not happy with the sound..

essentially i am asking you guys to take a listen and tell me what i can do better..

thanks in advance..

ok well its not letting me post the site.. if you pm me.. id be glad to provide that

Dan

Back