Nakamichi 550 3 Point?

mn418

I'm pumped to have found this great resource on line.

I record in the field with a Nakamichi 550. I've recently via KVG labs website become aware of the 3-point microphone array concept.

I've found a few missing links for the Nakamichi PDF regarding the 3 point microphone array system. Does anyone know further information on this technique or have the Nakamichi documentation they could share?

I have an Electrovoice 635a, 2 Shure M59s, and a AKG 1000e, I've acquired with my limited non profit budget and I'm hoping I can figure out a way to best use these in this kind of system. Any tips or info would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much

Hi. I just joined so I just saw your thread now. I use a 550 also with 3 Nak CM-300 mics. Sometimes I use two CM-700s. I have the brochure for the 550 (somewhere!) which includes tips for recording in the 3 point style. I could copy it for you if you're still interested.
I actually signed up because I'm looking for Nakamichi CM-1000 and DM-1000 mics. If you have any leads please let me know.

It's funny, because I have a Nak Cassette Deck one (CD 1--somewhat confusing), and a Nak 480. The three point system is obviously out-dated--no one uses cassettes!--so I'm wondering if you are just nostalgists for an era that remember . . . .

Hi Tim. I mostly record my band which is a three piece; bass clarinet/clarinet/guitar with bass and drums. I use the Nak simply because it sounds really great (IMHO). When I'm at home and I want to do some overdubs I use Pro-Tools.

Do you use your 480 anymore?

Back