Mic'ing a Drumset

neroroxxx

Hey people, this is my first post, im new in this forum, im actually always at www.diystompboxes.com its a forum to build your own guitar pedals and i found the information on that forum to be very helpful so now im gonna try this one.

So to start, i used to use cubase vst to record my demos and guitar solos for song because that software had the drums and bass on it

now i just bought a Yamaha AW16G and it works really nice (im still trying to get used to it which im sure is gonna take a while) but i wanna record with my band and what everybody tells me is that MIC'ing the drumset is gonna make me wanna sell the studio and pay a studio to record them.

My drummer has really good drum mics that work great thru PA systems but im not sure if this would work good for recording, im suire they would so im gonna try them cuz he's got bass drum, toms and cymbal mics.

Now i would like to ask the people with experience what's the technique for mic'ing drums, from my point of view if i mic the drums and they sound good to me then they sound good but whats the best way to mic them?

by the way ill use all this information to put up a page for other people to be able to reach info about mic'ing drums online.

If you hear my band's last demo you'll hear a great quality recording done in NYC altho we havea new singer i love the sound of the drums so i would like them to sound like that.

www.jeanhatesjohn.com

THANKS AND ROCK N' ROLL!

** Nero F. RoxXx **

Back