make me burn the candle right down

Its alright ma

Hello Again,
I have yet another problem...I just bought this Boss BR-1180 digital recorder....I normally run everything into a fostex 16 track analog (reel to reel) but i wanna try something different...Now the problem is that im having trouble recording the whole band together using seperate tracks if that makes anysense...Im going from a 12 channel altect 1220 analog board into the BR-1180 and for some reason it doesnt let me record all together....does anyone know what im doing wrong or how to acheive this buy using the same recorder...
thanks...

From what I can read about this unit, you can't. At least not all at the same time. It only allows two tracks at once to be recorded.

shit, i was afraid of a reply like that, i guess i have no use for it....im trying to achieve that early 60's british blues invasion if you know where im going...shit like "12x5" (rolling stones) "Go Now" (moody blues) and "five live yardbirds...
ya know, but i wanna do it a bit cleaner, and what i mean by cleaner is i dont want the drums to sound the way they do on those records they just sound like a noise in the back ground ya know....so maybe i'll keep that boss around...

max simultaneous recording tracks is something that seems oft overlooked when purchasing a digital recorder.

Back