If you record in Cubase SX is there anyway to transfer those tracks to Pro Tools?

If you render the tracks as complete .wav audio files and use the 'fill silence' option you should be able to import the tracks into any DAW. The tracks will drop in as complete audio files from beginning to end. You will lose any plugin or mix settings.

You can also use .bwv (broadcast wave) which puts a timestamp on all the tracks.

Thanks, we have this band that wants to do the tracking with us but they have found some hot shot with pro tools that they want to mix and master the album.

Pro Tools LE also has no OMF option built in. I'm not even sure TDM does, but I know it can be purchased for any Pro Tools system. Maybe the "hotshot mixer" has it.

If your version of SX doesn't have OMF export, its pretty easy to just select the entire song, solo 1 or 2 tracks at a time, and export them a few at a time. Just make sure all effects and automation are off and that you set each track to unity gain.

Take care,
Chris

OMF became standard within the PT 5.3 release i believe so every version after that has omf

Teacher, is that TDM and LE, or just TDM? I've had 5.3.2, 6.1 and 6.1.1 LE and none of them have OMF as standard. :(

Take care,
Chris

i dunno i just remember reading that on a digidesign site...didn't like to see if it was tdm or le...if you don't have it i guess its TDM

Back