The high vocal recording : Dryke's Home.

dryke105

Hi everyone.
I've set myself a little bit in my crappy room (meaning my bedroom :P) so I can record.
Actually, I use it more on ventrilo or skype (my microphone).
But Sometimes I plug My microphone on my behringer ampli (15w XLR plug) and I sing while some songs are playing on my computer.

I had a band once and we were practicing with that behringer ampli, my microphone (Dynamic AM8) ... sounded bad. But on the stage, it was better (using stage amplis).
(My dad recorded my performance with a crap camera, take a look at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvAGiH45b-Q )
(PS : this is in quebec, so of course there's french at the start)

So I was wondering.
What should I use/replace in the future to be able to put some records on MYSPACE/YOUTUBE?
I am using :
AM8 Dynamic Microphone
Microphone Stand (lol)
Behringer Ampli 15W
M-Audio FAST TRACK Device (attached to my computer of course)
Program : Mixcraft 4 Trial ( :P )
XLR wires.
I also want to use my acoustic guitar (which CAN'T be plugged) and my key YAMAHA PSR-262, which can be plugged with a normal instrument wire to the device.

Thanks for your answers
:)

In order to get the answer you're looking for could you please explain what you're trying to do? If you want to just record one track at a time what you have should work just fine, however, if you want to record your whole band at once you'll need to upgrade to a larger interface(the fast track is your current interface).

Hmm

It's not anymore my whole band.
I'm now alone. I have a key and an acoustic guitar. I just want to record them one at a time.
Even, I could just mix some techno with Ejay 7 and export the product in mp3, to put in mixcraft as one single track, then sing on it.

But I just wanna know more about better quality. Because when I record myself with all that, It sounds really awkward. I take singing lessons, and I took musical lessons long ago...
Is there a better microphone / line track (heard about line 6) I should use to record myself doing covers, little songs, whatever on Youtube or Myspace?

Thanks for replying, again

Back