EQing help!

guitarmonkus

does anybody know of a website that has a tutorial on EQing? I've ran a search on this forum, but it's going to be impossible to distinguish good material from fluff.

I seem to remember somebody posted some years back a .gif that charted decent parameters. You could try a search of that.

guitarmonkus said:
I've ran a search on this forum, but it's going to be impossible to distinguish good material from fluff.
If you can't tell the difference here, how are you going to be able to tell the difference on a website?

G.

flatfinger said:
Glen, be nice to the newb!!!!!! ;)
I'm not sure how I got where I am seen as a whipping boy in this thread? That was a very legitimate question I asked.

If he can't tell the signal from the noise in this forum, he can't tell if you or I are giving him good or bad links, or if the destination information is more signal than noise either.

I suspect that the truth is not that he can't tell the good info from the bad so much as that he just does not want to bother searching to begin with.

G.

Peace on earth and goodwill towards all men ;)

Glen your fast on the draw! I withdrew that part , I'm not looking to start a fight. Seems like we gotta walk on egg shells around here sometimes! Your right , the internet has the highest noise floor in history!!

The best way to learn this stuff is to stay the hell off line and start recording and mixing!!!!!

By the way, guitarmonkus, If you want to find an outstanding compressor tuitorial, look no further than the "suspicious" guys sig!!!!!! :o :o

Last edited:
SouthSIDE Glen said:
I'm feeling as good as Mr. Kot-tare. I don't know what your problem is, sweathog.

Kidding.

Kidding?

Kidding!

I know.

You're probably pissed about Chicago White Sox being eliminated from even going to the playoffs this year...must less repeating as World Champions.

:D :) :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :o :p ;) :D

ssscientist said:
You're probably pissed about Chicago White Sox being eliminated from even going to the playoffs this year...must less repeating as World Champions.
:). I'm so over that already; I gave up on the Sox making the playoffs about a month after the All-Star break when I saw Minnesota with the inertia and the Sox bullpen falling apart.

Winning 90 games in a season and coming in 3rd in their league sure beats having the worst record in the entire league, though (*coughcubscough*) :D.

But who cares about all that. It's football season!! Bears are 3-0 and have the first QB to complete a touchdown pass since Jim McMahon. Unfortunately, like McMahon, Grossman is just as fragile. If he makes it through Sunday night's network Seahawks game without breaking or rupturing or dislocating anything, I'll be happy ;) .

G.

SouthSIDE Glen said:
Unfortunately, like McMahon, Grossman is just as fragile. If he makes it through Sunday night's network Seahawks game without breaking or rupturing or dislocating anything, I'll be happy ;) .

G.

Be proactive: put him in a body cast now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Back