Best equipment to record Acoustic guitar, Vocals and percussion and possibly drums.

Ash.Perhaps.

Hello everyone,
I have recently started a band and i need advice on what to purchase for recording Acoustic guitars, Vocals, And Percussion/Drums.

I am looking to spend around $800.00 for everything, is there anyone who could help me.

I want the best quality recording i can get for what money i have. Please help,

Thanks, Ash

Last edited:
As I'm sure you realize, that budget is going to result in compromises no matter what.

That's not to say you couldn't get yourself rolling with that money.

Are you planning on recording everybody live, or are you planning on building your recordings layer by layer? On your budget, I'd recommend the latter because it would require less equipment.

Others may have different recommendations, but as a minimum starting point, shoot for:

- interface with at least 4 inputs with preamps
- large diaphragm condenser microphone
- as many dynamic microphones as you can scrape together (hopefully 3)

I can't name anything off the top of my head for the first item, you'll have to look around. There's the Presonus Firebox, but in that case you'd need an extra two external preamps.

The LDC can be used for acoustic guitars and vocals, and the drums can be mic'ed up using all 4 of the microphones at once (research some mic'ing techniques).

I'd strongly recommend searching for used equipment because you're really going to burn up your budget quickly on retail prices.

Back