akward but kinda cool effect if used the right way

Nick The Man

last night me and my buddy were just messin around

he just learned to play life in the fast lane like 10 minutes ago so we decided to record the intro just to see what it sounded like.

so first i recorded him playing the first guitar (which in our case was the lower one)

then on the second guitar (the higher one) i just let him record right over the lower guitar that we previously recorded.

since this was not going to be our good copy or anything i didnt bother getting my headphones out so i just played the lower guitar back through my monitors so he could hear it for the timing on the second guitar

anyways to make a long confusing story short.... when we recorded the second guitar the mic also picked up the lower guitar which was playing out of my monitors.

then we played both tracks back and the lower guitar had a slight homemade delay on it and it sounded like we were in a bathroom or something .... and it actually sounded pretty cool im sure if this effect was used the right way it could sound awesome!

i thought i'd just let everyone know :D

if i think of a better way to rephrase all of the above then i will post it

Reminds me of how we did reverb in our project studio in college. We put a speaker at the bottom of an 8 story spiral staircase. We then put mics on the 2nd, 4th, and 8th floor. During mixdown we could pick which ever combination of reverb mics w wanted to get the right sound.

Back