What is that effect on vocals called.....

kostas04

What is that effect on vocals called , like in the song by fozzy - feel the burn , good charlotte also use's it alot , like in that gay song lifestyle's of the rich an the famous, (dont know if thats the title) what do they use to make that effect on their voice, anyone got any idea ? how can i get that effect on my vocals.

I think I know what your talking about. Ahh man, what's it called. I've heard the term comb-filter. But basically it's like all mid-range with light distortion. Cool Edit Pro has some telephone presets that sound like it.

i looked in cool edit , in the effect's tab and couldnt find it, where is it exactly, can someone please help me

In Cool Edit 2000 it's under the Transform menu > Filters > Quick Filter. There's a preset called "Old Time Radio."

the thing is i use cool edit pro 2.0 , do u have any idea where it is in cool edit pro ? im looking but dont see that anywhere, does anyone else know how i can get that effect ?

If it's the Radio or Telephone voice effect just cut the highs and lows so you have only the mids left. Add some compression and/or distortion if needed.

hey in the graphic eq in cool edit pro you can select the preset "low fidelity" and it sounds like it. but maybe you wanna create it yourself so it sounds like you want

sorry to bother you guys again , but i reall dont see anything in the effect tabs that has a radio effect or telephone , what do i do , i cant find that graphics eq, can someone give me detailed instructions on how to do it with cool edit pro 2.0 , i really would appreciatte it , thanks

mmmmmquela

ok ok...step by step
Effects>Filters>Graphic Ecualizer
there if you want to select the preset called "lo fidelity" or create your "ol' radio effect by eliminating the highs and lows

get a multiband distortion plug in boost the distortion in the midrange a little bit and cut it in the highs and lows (mainly highs) is my best advice.

Back