Starting too big?

fuzzworth

I'm on the verge of buying some Digital Recording equipment, and am wondering if starting out with something as grandiose as the Roland VS-1680 is overkill. I do acoustic guitar-and-vocals, with some multi-tracking (banjo, harmonica, vocal harmonies, bass), and from what little I know about digital recording, I probably won't get into drum synthesizer, MIDI applicaitons, etc. But I like the idea of "cut-and-paste" editing, wave-form editing, etc. Anybody got any ideas?

before i bought the Roland, i'd at least consider a computer system that costs about the same amount as the Roland...

Also, if you already have a Computer around for other applications, your already part way there. You should find someone who has both systems, spend some time with each, and you'll come away with a sense of which way to go.
I personally went with PC format. But again, I was also consolidating previously owned (MIDI) equipment, mixer, with a high end PC (used for Graphics & design apps. So I was somewhat invested by default. But I'm thrilled with results!https://homerecording.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif

Back