Special FX VST (Lounge Lizard, etc.)

solo.guitar

I downloaded the demo of Lounge Lizard today and have been messing around with it, very cool plugin. Does anyone know of any other sound FX programs similiar to this one? Doesn't matter if it's standalone, VST, DX, etc.

I've already searched long & hard on www.kvraudio.com and found several cool ones, most of them free, but I'm probably gonna order Lounge Lizard this weekend when I get my paycheck.

Any suggestions for others similar to Lounge Lizard?

Thanks. :cool:

AAS Lounge Lizard is an electric piano VSTi (Virtual Studio Technology instrument) and not a 'special fx' VST.

Are you looking for some other high-line electric piano modeling VSTs?

Actual special effects VSTs?

Other instrument VSTs?

Anything for creating wierd, special FX. Lounge Lizard has a bunch of knobs and effects you can modify to create cool sounds and effects like tremelo, wah, phaser, delay, etc.

But what would be even better is something made especially for special FX. Any kind of VST instrument, effect, or anything. I don't mind spending some cash on one, but if it's free that would be even better.

I wouldn't be so hasty to spend my cash if I were you.

KVR send out a weekly newsletter that features every news item of the week, and it seems like every third plugin on that long list is a free one. Download all the demo versions you can too. Take a month and build up a small arsenal of free VSTfx and VSTi's, then decide which one you want to pursue.

Triangle II, Superwave8, Synth1, Minimogue, Claw, Arppe2600va, Oatmeal, ProtoPlasm and Chimera are all free soft synths, so download those first, then the Kjaerhus Classic series are a fine start for an effects battery and they're free too.

Back