Speaker Question

tbowen

Sorry guys, this isn't really about recording, in fact it isn't about it at all! But anyway, I am looking for a good speaker to use as mains(one on each side, stage left and stage right) in clubs and at parties that will handle bass, vocals, guitars, and drums. So basically a whole band. I was looking at the JBL with a 15", a 10", and a horn, but it is kind of out of my price range. I thought about getting a speaker for lows and then on for mids or a full range, but I do not feel like bi-amping. I would like to use one amp. I want to have good, low, tight, punchy bass, good vocals, lows and highs, nice roaring guitars and tight drums. We would be micing everything. I like the JBL's but they are high as dookie!(shit)
so help me out guys please!
-thomas

Tbowen,
I own a pair of Carvin PA speakers and a 1500W Carvin amp to powder them. The speakers each have 2-15" 2-8" and a horn. They are rated at 800W per side. I was a bit worried about ordering carvin stuff because it was mail order and I could not hear them first, but the price just dragged me in. I'm glad I did buy them, they sound great. I play out all the time with them and they do pump out some sound. I would like to add some 18" speakers to my system for that extra low end but then again I am always told that I go overboard. Anyway, check out the carvin site it has all the pricing there. I paid $2300 for my whole system (24channel board, 1500W powder amp, 2-800W speakers, three vocal mics and cables.) You can't beat that. Good luck!!!

Sounds good sober, but i got a question. What is your complete setup? tell me your exact thing. Do you mic drums? mic amps? how many mics on drums? lemme know please. where do you use this system? are the speakers elevated? on a stand? hanging? thankx again,
-thomas

Back