Recording upright piano on a MacBook

PJ_

Hello,

I'd like to record an upright piano on a MacBook (in Logic Pro X).

I'm looking for a reasonably good sound quality but I don't want to spend too much (music is just my hobby).

From my research, I understand that I need two condenser microphones and an audio interface to record stereo sound.

I've found this microphone but I'm not sure if it is good enough:
InnoGear Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone Professional Recording Singing Broadcasting Microphone Set with Shock Mount and XLR Audio Cable for Laptop Desktop Computer: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

I have no idea what audio interface to buy for this purpose.

If you could recommend something that would work with a reasonable good quality for what I'm looking for it would be great.

Ideally I'm looking for something available on Amazon UK or eBay UK.

Thanks,
PJ

To be honest, this is one of a clutch of similar mics - but for the price, you have nothing to lose. The ones I have personally tested all sound considerably better than cheap dynamics, so buy a couple.

Interface wise - that Behringer is cheap, and despite what you often hear, the products are actually perfect for beginners and have plenty of features, including the critical phantom power! A couple of mic cables and off you go.

The weirdest thing is that the preamps in these mics can power the mics from the 5V supply on most laptops, but to get proper performance you must use 48V - I'm always amazed the mics like this work at all, as the two supplies are so different in specs.

Back