Recording Error

atmi

So for a few weeks now whenever we start recording we get an error message about two minutes after we start. The errors says this :"CPU usage is holding off CPU audio. Remove some plug-ins, delete some tracks, or increase the H/W Buffer Size in the Hardware Setup panel"

We've removed programs off the G5, and make sure that the only track in the session is the recording track. And we've increased the H/W Buffer Size, but we still have the same issue.

We're using Pro Tools LE 6.2.2

Any ideas? Thanks

Have you recorded on the same computer before with no errors? If so, any new software, hardware, or anything else different?

We recently got an external hard drive and a new monitor for the G5. We havent added any new programs or done anything different. Have you heard of this issue before?

We recently got an external hard drive and a new monitor for the G5. We havent added any new programs or done anything different. Have you heard of this issue before?

I use a pc, and don't use pro tools so I'm not the best guy to help you, but I figured I'd try.

Is it possible to try a session the same way you were recording successfully? Like without the external drive?

Back