programming drums PLEASE HELP!!!!

botch13

Hi

I have Cubasis VST, a lite version of cubase VST that I got bundled with my tascam interface.

I play guitar and vocals through it and am needing to program drum tracks in cubasis also.

I have Drumkit From Hell 2 which came with Kompakt sampler.

Is there something that i can plan drum beats etc. along side my vocal and guitar tracks in Cubasis, or should I look at buying something else??

Please help......im dying....... :o

I use Steinberg's Groove Agent to generate drum tracks, then use the tracks to trigger DFH1.

You might already have some drum loops packaged with your tracking software - I'm not familiar with CuBase.

Hi there, You should try and program the drums through midi.
I supose you have audio and midi interferance thorugh you soundcard.
and you will also need a keyboard of some sort, with midi or usb connection.

anyway thats what I use.

hope it :) helps

I use Drumkit From Hell Superior, and I program all my drums in MIDI using just the mouse in the "Piano Roll" view in Sonar. No need for a MIDI controller. I'm not sure if you're saying that you don't want to program them yourself or if you don't have a tool for programming. It seems to me that you've got everything you need if you wanted to do it that way.

I use individual wav samples of each drum sound and laboriously lay them out on the project window. But then all the midi kits I have are crap.

Although another contributing reason for this is that I'm nuts, so dont do what i do...

Well, here's what you can do.
Generate a midi track for each individual sound you are going to use (one for kick, one for snare etc) and lay out how you want your beat to go. Then use a VST that will trigger any wave sound (there's a free one floating around. I forget the name) and then just set one of those for each track with the desired kick sound, snare sound etc.

The nice thing about this is, it's alot easier and faster to change the beats in midi than it would be trying to lay out all these one-hits.

Keyfax do cheap CD's that contain a variety of royalty free midi files that you can import and arrange to you hearts content... you can also get down and dirty within the files and edit so that it's just as you need.

Not only drums BTW. ;)

Back