Problems Monitoring while Recording into Digi 002

Bonginton

I am recording Live Dj mixes into A digi 002. Let me explain my setup..

Turntables hooked up to DJM 600 mixer. I am using the Record out on the DJM 600 which is routed to a DBX 266 xl compressor. The outs on the Compressor are routed to an Aphex 204. Outs on the Aphex 204 run to the Inputs on The Digi 002. I have my KRK V8's connected to the Monitor outputs on the Digi 002. I am getting horrible latency from the mixer to what is comming out of the Monitors. Impossible to match a beat with Latency!!!

I was under the impression that latency was only an issue from the digi 002 to the cpu via the firewire bus? I want to be able to listen to the same "processed signal" ie.. dbx/Aphex, from my monitors , that is being recorded into the DIGI 002, in REAL TIME!

Do I need an additional interface to split the proccessed signal comming from the Aphex to both the Digi 002 and my studio Monitors, or am I just overlooking something really simple and obvious.

Help Help Help!!!

Thank you!

If you are recording in Pro Tools, go to the....um, Operations menu? I think...and check "Low Latency Monitoring."

You won't be ale to use realtime plugins with this set, but it will cut the latency down to almost nothing. By "almost nothing" I mean you won't hear it, but it is still therea tiny bit so i can't say its gone.

The latency comes in 3 places- converting from analog to digital, processing the signal, and converting back to analog. You can't get rid of the A/D/A conversion latency, but it really isn't that much if you get rid of the software-induced latency. The software can be set for more or less latency (by changing buffer sizes) so that you can use more or fewer plugs and tracks, but with "low latency monitoring" you can cut it out all together for live applications.

Take care,
Chris

Back