Newbie to Analog

Drummer4Life05

Say Something Smart!
Hey guys.
I'd like to get started with some analog recrding. But I really have NO idea where to start!

Can someone provide me with some basic beginner links on how to start. i.e. How to operate a reel to reel machine; FAQ's about tapes and machines. Stuff like that.

I really know NOTHING about it!:confused:

newbie to analog

I have found that the best way is to start with a basic 4 track and a mixer(possibly a mg10/s yamaha) and a good condenser mike like the gxl2200. Start messing with the tracks,get some of your fellow music heads together and learn from each other.I just started to record myself and I have a long way to go but the more I mess around with it the more I learn.The above mentioned items are cheap and perfect for starting.(Good Luck)

google google google

there are so many sites out there about homerecording. Start right here, go to Homerecording.com (not the BBS) and start reading the articles and follow the links.

Drummer4Life05 said:
Hey guys.
I'd like to get started with some analog recrding. But I really have NO idea where to start!

Can someone provide me with some basic beginner links on how to start. i.e. How to operate a reel to reel machine; FAQ's about tapes and machines. Stuff like that.

I really know NOTHING about it!:confused:

You operate a reel-to-reel by loading the tape, enable record on the channel(s) you wnat to record on and pushing "Rec".

Welcome to the wonderful world of analog recording. Where you record things instead of fight with your computer. ;)

Haha, thanks all.

regebro - That's what I'm talking about! I've been doing lots of recording on my PC, but I figured it wouldn't hurt getting into the Analog world. I mean, that's how it all started!

cstockdale - I'll poke around the site, thanks.

Back