Newbee here - question about battery 3 and Komplete 7

record7

Hi, I am a Newbee. Just stepped into the world of recording about a month ago. I have been reading, researching, buying equipment etc. with hopes of continuing this for a long time. I will be leaving US to go overseas in a few months probably not returning for a few years and I am trying very hard to get a real basic knowledge of recording before I leave, because I plan on using it once overseas.

I purchased a Komplete 7 package recently and have been trying to figure out how to use it. My problem is I assumed that Battery 3 was a software that I can use to produce beats and apparently it is not (hope I am correct on this). I plan on using Reaper. What is the best and easiest way that I can produce beats using Komplete 7? Is there another software that I need to buy to create beats easily? Or can I do using Komplete 7 and Reaper? Thanks.

SAVE THE HONEY!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I've never dealt with Komplete before and I don't make beats...so in all seriousness, I don't have too much to add. :/

SAVE THE HONEY!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I've never dealt with Komplete before and I don't make beats...so in all seriousness, I don't have too much to add. :/

That's kind of a weird answer to my question. I am wondering why you even responded if you didn't know. I am in no way demanding an answer, but at least if you don't know you could say nothing. It is always an option.

I was bumping your question to the top in hopes that someone who did know that may not have seen it would be able to help. But next time I wont...that is an option too.

Hi there record7! Hello and welcome. Komplete 7 is an amazing set of products imho, but to take full advantage of it you must have some sort of midi controller. I make beats using a keyboard inputing midi data into my DAW to be played with battery 3, it usually takes me at least 3 passes to get a full drum set sound out of it.
In some of the other synth sets included in komplete 7, there are some urban type beats included, I dont generally mess with those.

Another way to use battery 3 is to find a midi file of a drum beat on the internet and just paste it onto your battery 3 track.

If all you want to do is make beats without getting into a midi controller of any kind, try Fruity Loops. You already have a much more advanced tool in komplete 7, but you will need to learn to use a midi controller such as a keyboard to make full use of it.

lastdays

Hi there record7! Hello and welcome. Komplete 7 is an amazing set of products imho, but to take full advantage of it you must have some sort of midi controller. I make beats using a keyboard inputing midi data into my DAW to be played with battery 3, it usually takes me at least 3 passes to get a full drum set sound out of it.
In some of the other synth sets included in komplete 7, there are some urban type beats included, I dont generally mess with those.

Another way to use battery 3 is to find a midi file of a drum beat on the internet and just paste it onto your battery 3 track.

If all you want to do is make beats without getting into a midi controller of any kind, try Fruity Loops. You already have a much more advanced tool in komplete 7, but you will need to learn to use a midi controller such as a keyboard to make full use of it.

lastdays

lastdays, thanks for the response. I do have a midi controller and I think I sort of figured out how to input a beat into a midi track using it. Can you explain what you mean by three passes?

Seeing as I do not have either a full midi compatible drum set, nor do I have 3 arms, I will record snair and kick drums in one run through, hihat and maybe something else on another track during another run through, then will come back and add the other cymbols or whatever on an additional track during an additional "pass" or run through. in other words, I record only what I feel comfortable doing at a time, maybe someone else can do it all in one pass on a keyboard, but I cant and I dont recommend it unless you have a nice set of "v- drums" (midi- compatible electronic drum set).

Anybody else have a different take on it, I am always open ;)

Back