Music CD's

Michael_1

I want to thank bvaleria and MGS for answering my first post. Great help, THANK YOU BOTH.
I am ordering the AlesisMasterlink suggested by bvaleria, it is just the unit I need to record vinyl to CD.

NOW, I wonder if one of you folks own a Pioneer PD-F27 Elite 301 CD changer???? If so, will it play CD's in CD24 format???? or must it have redbook 16 bit only?????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Good choice on the Masterlink - mine still amazes me every time I use it and I've had it for about 6-8 months now!

No CD player in the world plays back CD24 as audio... Audio CDs are produced according to the standard redbook specification that dictates 44.1Kz/16 bit. No matter what resolution or sampling rate an artist records in, in the end it always gets "dumbed down" to 44.1/16.... and that's not likely to change anytime soon -- consumers will not be willing to shell out again for another format change (they already did it with vinyl to CD).

Bruce

Thank You Bruce!!
I so much appreciate your sharing your knowledge with me and others who read and re read the material without understanding it enough to make decisions.
Sincerely, Mike

Back