Microphone that won't pick up background keyboard noise

LCBradley3k

I'm looking for a microphone that won't pick up background noise from the rear. I would like it to be under $100. Basically a typical microphone you would find on a headset that doesn't pick up much of anything but your words. Obviously I would like it to be good quality.

I would be doing it for game commentaries and I do not want my keyboard (which would pretty much be directly behind the microphone to be picked up during recordings. I would also like the microphone for some music, but that is not it's main purpose.

Some people have suggested the Blue Yeti, while others have told me it picks up all background noise no matter what mode it is in.

What microphone is best for me?

Thanks, Bradley.

I'm looking for a microphone that won't pick up background noise from the rear. I would like it to be under $100. Basically a typical microphone you would find on a headset that doesn't pick up much of anything but your words. Obviously I would like it to be good quality.

I would be doing it for game commentaries and I do not want my keyboard (which would pretty much be directly behind the microphone to be picked up during recordings. I would also like the microphone for some music, but that is not it's main purpose.

Some people have suggested the Blue Yeti, while others have told me it picks up all background noise no matter what mode it is in.

Thanks, Bradley.

Any mic with a hypercardioid or supercardioid pattern would be best.

Thanks, Bradley.

Seeing as you are mainly using it for gaming commentary, just get a better quality headset mike.

See this range:Headsets

Back