Korg X5 as keyboard for Protools PC home studio?

Shoulderpain

I was wondering, if I use a Korg X5 as my keyboard in to my PC and Protools software, will I then be able to play whatever sounds I want the come in Protools or Protools plug-ins with the X5? I guess what I mean is, will Protools let me convert what I am physically doinhg on the X5 into whatever Protools sounds I want or can find?

I'm sure that's the stupidest question of the day? I guess I want to know what kinds of limitations I am looking at using a keyboard from the early 90's when it comes to plugging into a newer computer and new Protools software.

If say I don't like the piano I'm getting on the X5, will I be able to switch it out after the fact for a different piano in Protools?

Thanks!

I was wondering, if I use a Korg X5 as my keyboard in to my PC and Protools software, will I then be able to play whatever sounds I want the come in Protools or Protools plug-ins with the X5? I guess what I mean is, will Protools let me convert what I am physically doinhg on the X5 into whatever Protools sounds I want or can find?

I'm sure that's the stupidest question of the day? I guess I want to know what kinds of limitations I am looking at using a keyboard from the early 90's when it comes to plugging into a newer computer and new Protools software.

If say I don't like the piano I'm getting on the X5, will I be able to switch it out after the fact for a different piano in Protools?

Thanks!

yep, you'll be fine. The MIDI specification hasn't changed in years.

Back