i wanna be S.R.V.....!!!

jamal buchet

uuh..this is such a "fisher price MY FIRST GUITAR"..question so i posted it in here...if one wanted to say try yto play slide guitar....and that person had read about diff tunings..or open i guess tunings...does that person need a.pitch pipe or something to tune said guitar??...:rolleyes: or if say this person had a tuner built in to the rec unit is there a way to do it that way?

jamal

Any cheapo electronic guitar tuner is fine. Pitch pipe would work to, but not quite as convenient and may be hard to use if your pitch challenged in anyway.

It's a reference point. I only tune one note on guitar, A 440Hz , and then tune everything from there, regardless of what the tuning may end up being.

There are no doubt, books on the subject of tuning guitars, but I suggest some guitar lessons to start that person off.

"i wanna be S.R.V.....!!! "

Unfortunately for all of us, that part's easy - just hit a semi truck head-on at 80 miles an hour.

For the tuning part, you'll need a tuner that allows chromatic tuning, not just the extreme cheapie type that only recognizes standard guitar tuning of E-A-D-G-B-E . If the built-in tuner in your DAW is chromatic, you've got it made.

However, if you can't tune your guitar by same note, octave harmonics, chords and a combination of the above, you need to find a real guitar teacher and take lessons as Emeric suggested... Steve

Back