Hooking up a Mixer to a Computer/laptop

knightknife

Hello

I just bought a Peavey Pv 10 USB Mixer and I am wanting to know how to hook it to my Mac Lap top so that I can record. I am not entirely sure as to how to do this. Do I need some kind of interface in order to hook it up or can i just run it from the mixer straight to the lap top? I have no idea. If some one could help me out, I would appreciate it. Oh, my mic is a usb mic.

And you'll need a regularly terminated - XLR - mic to plug into the mixer if you want to use the mixer to input any mic'd sources.

It's a USB mixer, so you should be able to plug it in via the USB cable... I realize that's simplifying the issue. More than likely, you're having problems actually getting the mixer to WORK once it's plugged in, right?

According to Peavey's website, that mixer works on OSX, Win XP - ME - 2000. So if you have Vista, I guess you're out of luck.

Assuming you're running one of the compatible operating systems, you might check out Peavey's support section. Here's the product page from the website. Do a little digging and see if they list drivers for that mixer.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116340/PV(R) 10 USB.cfm

Good luck man.

Back