Home Studio working.....need suggestions

badegg

hey guys,

i am new to recording and all of that jazz, but i really want to be a sound technician and that is what i want my major to be.

I have a room with drums and guitar and such.

I need know the equipment i will have to buy and what will have to do to record on to a CD or Ipod.

thanks for all of the help i can get.

Assuming you are wanting to record digitally you will need a pc, interface, DAW (recording software), mics, cables, monitors, and lots of good literature to read up on. I would start out doing both of these:
1. Check the website of the college or tech school you are wishing to attend and see if they recommend any types of pcs, DAWs, etc. Depending on where you attend they will have certain requirements and it's best to start there to save you money down the road.
2. Use the search function at the top of the page to do some research, the question you are asking is pretty vague and has been posted numerous times.
Welcome to HR, we are here to help.
James

I'm going to move this thread over to the Newbies section. It's a more appropriate place.

As James suggested, use the search function. Tim O'Brien might pop in with his obligatory reply that he keeps in Notepad (I swear I'm going to Sticky that someday).

Tons of info here for those starting out. The Newbies section is good because you don't have as much to sift through to get answers that will get you going.

Have fun and welcome.

Back