Help Please: Audio Set Up for Mac Pro / Garage Band

gvdv

Hi,
After years of research, I finally bought a Mac Pro and Presonus Firestudio (audio interface) for audio recording (I'll be doing some video editing, too).

However, after reading the Firestudio set up instructions twice and installing the drivers, I then plugged the unit in and couldn't get a signal with my microphone.

I'm new to Mac, an suspect that I have to go into audio preferences somewhere to set buffer size/driver latency.

I didn't install the Cubase software that was enclosed with the Firestudio because I want to try Garage Band first, and it's possible that there is some kind of set up through that program, but I want to do it through the Mac.

If anyone can help me with setting up the Presonus with the Mac Pro, I'd be very grateful.

By the way, I have added RAM to the Mac so that I have 5GB, and have an additional, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HD (with another to come, I think).

Thanks,

Oh young one, you have chosen wisely. I love my new mac also, and I use the crap out of gband, its easy and sounds pretty damn good to be free software. Just plug in the firewire, turn it on, and go into garage band prefrences in the top left corner. Go to audio/midi, and choose the audio input and output to be the presonus. Add a new (real instrument) track to your session. Go to track info and choose which presonus input you want to use in the input source column. Plug in and hit record. It will take some getting used to not doing things the pc way, but macs really are more fun.

Back