General question.

capnkid

Optimus Prime
I was told that it doesn't matter what quality soundcard I have in my pc for recording if I am only using headphones for mixing, since I am saving up for monitors. any truth to that?

capnkid said:
I was told that it doesn't matter what quality soundcard I have in my pc for recording if I am only using headphones for mixing, since I am saving up for monitors. any truth to that?

No, that's utterly false. The quality of the A/D converters in your soundcard is paramount.

If you are saving for monitors, just concentrate on tracking for now. You can revisit your mixes later. But if your A/D conversion is terrible, then you won't have much to work with later. So save for a better soundcard first.

mshilarious said:
No, that's utterly false. The quality of the A/D converters in your soundcard is paramount.

If you are saving for monitors, just concentrate on tracking for now. You can revisit your mixes later. But if your A/D conversion is terrible, then you won't have much to work with later. So save for a better soundcard first.

true true true

even when you listen to your tracks on your shiny new monitors they will still be crap if your using rubbish converters.

Back