Garage Band

capslayer

I just bought a midi interface. It is a tascam US-122L. I ran the installation Cd and would like to begin recording on Garage Band 09. I can hear the guitar in my headphones but I can't get a level on my computer. At first I thought it was recording but it was only able to pick up my guitar through my mac's built in microphone. Any pointers??
Regards,
Capslayer

The first place I would check would be to make sure you armed a track in Garageband to record, and that you selected the appropriate source for the track... (Disclaimer; I haven't used Garageband, so I couldn't specifically tell you how to do that :p)

Do you have you guitar plugged directly into the Tascam? Or are you using a microphone plugged into the Tascam?

Any more than that, and we'll need some specifics on how you have things wired together...

First off, check System Preferences, reset to Tascam. Check Audio/MIDI Utility and reset. Then hit GarageBand Preferences, reset that. You may have other things to do in '09, but that should get you started.

I just use my interface full time for the computer, mostly because it sounds better, but also simplifies your connections.

Back